The Nebraska State Fair is less than a week away! While we have had some people step up and plan to volunteer (thank you by the way), we still have a lot of days yet to fill. *Remember, if you volunteer for a shift, you get into the fair for free! Also, all youth scholarship students are required to work a shift at the state fair booth.
First off, we need some more day managers. A day manager shift is an all day shift 9-9 and means you are in charge that day.
We need day managers for:
Tues Aug 27th (this is Kids Day at the fair and our booth is very busy)
Thurs Aug 29th
Sat Aug 31st
Next, we need volunteers for the following shifts:
Sun Aug 25 3 – 9
Mon Aug 26 9 – 3 and 3 – 9
Tues Aug 27 9 – 3 This is a Kids Day at the fair
Wed Aug 28 3 – 9
Thurs Aug 29 9 – 3 and 3 – 9
Fri Aug 30 9 – 3 and 3 – 9
Sat Aug 31 3 – 9
Sun Sept 1 3 – 9
Mon Sept 2 9 – 3 and 3 – 9
You can view the current Fair Calendar at:
To volunteer you can call the following people:
Jane Nelson (402) 261-3407
Deb Swirmicky (712) 520-9152
Thank you in advance for volunteering!
July 13, 2013 12:00 p.m.
James Arthur Vineyard
Approximately 20 members and families were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order by President Warren Nelson, 1:40 p.m.
January minutes and treasurer reports approved by membership
New website available
- Provided for schools, 4h groups, or other small group sharing
- Send a letter on organization letterhead addressed to Warren, you can receive at no cost.
- The association has completed another re-run
Lancaster County Fair presence
- Sell many bee products
- Need help, please sign up
- New this year is an open class honey at superfair.org, bee culture section
- Judging will happen Tuesday August 6, 2013
- Need to provide entries the morning of August 6, released August 11.
- Charlie Simmonds is the appointed superintendent.
- Warren can pick up for you and bring back to shop with advance notice.
- August 23-September 2
- Need volunteers, opportunity to provide education to the public
- State Fair entries need to be delivered on location no later than Thursday, August 22, 8 p.m.
- If you would like to drop off at Valhalla Shop Wednesday, August 21, 5 p.m.
“More than Honey” Video showing
- Awaiting response from Ross Film if they plan to do a showing
Newsletter snail mailing
- Please make sure that your e-mail is accurate for proper digital deliver
- Contact Valhalla Bee Farm to verify accuracy
Adjourned 1:55 p.m.
Todd Jensen, Secretary
Join us! Saturday July 13th @ 12:00 at James Arthur Vineyards.
We will be touring James Arthur Vineyards. We will be touring the grounds, the processing facility, and then have a short business meeting. After that you can enjoy some wine sampling on your own. Fees may apply.
For directions to James Arthur:
James Arthur Vineyards – The July meeting will be on a Saturday. We will be touring James Arthur Vineyards. We will get a tour of the grounds, tour of the processing facility, and then have a short business meeting. After that you can enjoy some wine sampling on your own.
Fees may apply.