Kudos to the 2014 Youth Scholarship recipients! Great job on your presentations and the completion of your first successful season as a beekeeper. We’d love to hear from you this coming Spring regarding overwintering success of your colonies.
The early registration period has been extended to June 8th. Save your seat now and register now!
- Beekeeping Marketing
- Commercial beekeeping
- Beekeeping in Afghanistan
- Top bar hives
- Laying workers
- Beekeeping at the prison
- Honey Bees Lotions, Skin Care Products
- Farmer’s markets
- Disease recognition and prevention
July 13, 2013 12:00 p.m.
James Arthur Vineyard
Approximately 20 members and families were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order by President Warren Nelson, 1:40 p.m.
January minutes and treasurer reports approved by membership
New website available
- Provided for schools, 4h groups, or other small group sharing
- Send a letter on organization letterhead addressed to Warren, you can receive at no cost.
- The association has completed another re-run
Lancaster County Fair presence
- Sell many bee products
- Need help, please sign up
- New this year is an open class honey at superfair.org, bee culture section
- Judging will happen Tuesday August 6, 2013
- Need to provide entries the morning of August 6, released August 11.
- Charlie Simmonds is the appointed superintendent.
- Warren can pick up for you and bring back to shop with advance notice.
- August 23-September 2
- Need volunteers, opportunity to provide education to the public
- State Fair entries need to be delivered on location no later than Thursday, August 22, 8 p.m.
- If you would like to drop off at Valhalla Shop Wednesday, August 21, 5 p.m.
“More than Honey” Video showing
- Awaiting response from Ross Film if they plan to do a showing
Newsletter snail mailing
- Please make sure that your e-mail is accurate for proper digital deliver
- Contact Valhalla Bee Farm to verify accuracy
Adjourned 1:55 p.m.
Todd Jensen, Secretary
Please join us at the Seward Civic Center, Sunday, June 9 starting at 1:30 P.M. to learning about information on State Fair entries and what the judges look for, presented by Warren Nelson. Board meeting to follow.