Shelby Kittle, our 2017 Nebraska Honey Queen, has donated her illustration to us. She won best of show in the youth visual arts at the 2017 Nebraska State Fair Bee Culture Division. We will be auctioning it off to the highest bidder, on eBay. All funds will go directly to the Nebraska Beekeepers honey Queen Program.
Artist: 2017 Nebraska Honey Queen, Shelby Kittle
Hometown: Ord, Nebraska
Illustration: 11×14″ colored pencil on paper
Wall Frame: Black, 2″ wooden frame, 18 x 20″
Funds: Raised funds from this piece will go directly to the Nebraska Beekeepers Honey Queen program.
Bidding ends on 11/30, 8:00PM.
The online auction is live! Click here to see the auction!
July 13, 2013 12:00 p.m.
James Arthur Vineyard
Approximately 20 members and families were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order by President Warren Nelson, 1:40 p.m.
January minutes and treasurer reports approved by membership
New website available
- Provided for schools, 4h groups, or other small group sharing
- Send a letter on organization letterhead addressed to Warren, you can receive at no cost.
- The association has completed another re-run
Lancaster County Fair presence
- Sell many bee products
- Need help, please sign up
- New this year is an open class honey at superfair.org, bee culture section
- Judging will happen Tuesday August 6, 2013
- Need to provide entries the morning of August 6, released August 11.
- Charlie Simmonds is the appointed superintendent.
- Warren can pick up for you and bring back to shop with advance notice.
- August 23-September 2
- Need volunteers, opportunity to provide education to the public
- State Fair entries need to be delivered on location no later than Thursday, August 22, 8 p.m.
- If you would like to drop off at Valhalla Shop Wednesday, August 21, 5 p.m.
“More than Honey” Video showing
- Awaiting response from Ross Film if they plan to do a showing
Newsletter snail mailing
- Please make sure that your e-mail is accurate for proper digital deliver
- Contact Valhalla Bee Farm to verify accuracy
Adjourned 1:55 p.m.
Todd Jensen, Secretary
January 13, 2013 2:00 p.m.
Valentino’s 70th and Van Dorn
Approximately 99 members and families were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order by President Warren Nelson
The nominating committee announced nominations for officer elections:
- President – Warren Nelson
- Vice President – Janet Alberts
- Secretary – Todd Jensen
- Program Editor – Todd Fiala
- Treasurer – Jane Nelson
- State Fair – Deb Swirmicky
Vote was called and all nominated individuals were approved and elected.
Nelson announced the 2012 Beekeeper of the year – Todd Fiala
Nelson also provided an Appreciation Plaque awarded to Walter Schwarz
The meeting proceeded into presentations of the 2012 Scholarship recipients. Technical difficulties were encountered but overcome. All recipients presented with exception of Austin Hurt who will present at a subsequent date. Presentations were delivered by the following:
Clifford Nicolen, Chase Jacobson, Austin Hurt, Emily Kuhl, Lane Schroer, Taylor Stephens, Hannah Cronk, Austen Haake, Jeff Thompson, Lucy Polk and Trevor Jensen.
At 5:00 p.m. awards were presented to the 2012 scholarship recipients.
Member meeting was adjourned at approximately 5:10 p.m.
Officers met briefly after member adjornment to vote on a motion presented by President Nelson to approve purchase of 2013 scholarship equipment through Valhalla Bee Farm Inc. instead of online to reduce costs. Estimate cost savings were not specified. Motion carried unanimously.
Todd Jensen, Secretary