Now calling all worker bees!
The Nebraska State Fair will be here before we know it. This year the fair is from Friday, August 24 – Monday, September 3, 2018. During this time the NBA has a booth that sells education materials related to beekeeping, clothing, wax products, and most notably… HONEY ICE CREAM and live observation hives!!!
This booth is the primary fundraiser for our youth scholarship program and we need your help!
Tasks of a volunteer:
- Chatting with other volunteers and visitors
- Handling payment when visitors purchase items
- Sharing your knowledge of beekeeping including how many times you’ve been stung!
Benefits of volunteering:
- Meet and chat with other Nebraska beekeepers
- Free access to the fair the day you are scheduled to work
- A FREE serving of honey ice cream
Each day of the fair there are four timeslots available. We ask that all volunteers show up at least 10-15 minutes before your shift starts. This allows the previous workers time to share any updates with you!
- Day Manager: 8am-9pm
- Morning: 9am-3pm
- Afternoon: 12pm-6pm
- Evening: 3pm-9pm
Sign up now to guarantee a spot that works in your schedule at NebraskaBeekeepers.org/volunteer. Before the event you will receive communication from the NBA including how to pick up your fair tickets and tips for the shift.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Nebraska State Fair including the Bee Culture Open Class rules and schedule of events (and concerts) can be found at statefair.org.