- To educate youth in the art of beekeeping to promote a better understanding of the value of honeybees to our environment and to the food chain.
- To provide an opportunity for youth to experience responsibility and enjoyment through beekeeping.
- To provide an avenue for youth to engage in an avocation and gain the potential to pursue beekeeping as a sideline or full time vocation.
- A one year membership in the Nebraska Beekeepers Association.
- A beginning beekeeper seminar registration and textbook.
- A set of woodenware for a beehive.
- A nuc or package of bees for the hive
- Beekeeping gear: hat, veil, gloves, hive tool, and bee smoker.
- Mentoring by a NBA member for one year.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 12 and 17 by January 1 of the current year.
- The applicant must be a resident of Nebraska.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in public, private, or home schooled.
- The applicant must have permission and agreement from parent of guardian.
- The application must be submitted to the Nebraska Beekeepers Association no later than Dec 1, of the current year.
- Scholarships are limited to 10 (ten) per year.
- Finalists will be selected by the Youth Program Committee consisting of the President and three other NBA members.
- The Program Committee will arrange an interview with finalists and parents/guardian.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant selected by the Program Committee and presented at the NBA January meeting.